selectively adding. comments are screened.[intro post] --> GREETINGS
alex. 20 something. asian. sprang fully formed from the head of medusa, probably. inf/tp. type 4. musician, writer, slytherin, english major stereotype, real life female byronic hero, etcetera etcetera
.--> WOULD BE A GOOD ENDORSEMENT MODEL FOR
all the fictional women you hate, banana-throwing velociraptors, cats as both individuals and as an institution, clone clubs, fairytales gone wrong, girl groups of most descriptions, hipsters in phone boxes, incestuous royals, lawyers with bad timing, morally dubious princesses, mortal enemies with benefits, obligatory psychotic jackasses, prematurely cancelled television, sociopaths in love, strictly platonic affairs, queens & their huntsmen, robots with feelings, teen trash, vampires who eat people, wrong!shipping awareness, 99/9% synchronised boy bands, and so much more~~~--> AM NOT AMUSED BY
Christmas, Epic Love™, Facebook, happily-ever-after epilogues, the kyriarchy, Nice Guys™, summer, Tumblr, white people, the world and existence in general, &c. &c.
--> GPOY:[bars i frequent]
~ THE COMPREHENSIVE AND SPECTACULAR INVENTORY OF FANDOM INTERESTS ~
yes, it's back. newly reconstructed and BETTER THAN EVER~~~~~~~~~
- re: shipping, i ain't here for your ~*happy people in love*~/~*married couples*~/~*endgames*~ on account of being a soulless towering mass of rage and hate who bathes in the pressed tears of divorcees to stay this beautiful. (ノ＞▽＜。)ノ ♪ you wake up flawless
- the only difference between & and / is canon. if i & something i prob wouldn't mind if they /-ed that, u feel.
- if i've put (♥ω♥*) next to a thing it's probably something particularly horrible and stomach churning, pay no mind.
- i haven't bothered listing rpf ships because i'm very live and let live about real people potentially banging.
- all of my fave dudes are trash, nothing to see here.
+ TEEVEE SCHEDULE (REGULAR BARS)
▽ BROOKLYN 99
~ rosa, terry, amy, gina
♥ amy&rosa, amy/jake, THE PRECINCT <}
~ annie, britta, troy (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, jeff the animagus form, abed the patronus form,
♥ THE STUDY GROUP <}, annie&britta, annie/jeff trash (♥ω♥*), britta/jeff, abed&troy (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, abed/annie
▽ DOCTOR WHO
~ rose, clara, amy, donna, martha,
♥ donna&ten, amy/eleven, doctor/master (♥ω♥*), clara&twelve, doctor/rose
~ joan, moriarty, sherlock, kitty </3
♥ joan&sherlock, moriarty/sherlock, kitty&sherlock
▽ FROM DUSK TILL DAWN
~ kate, santanico, scott, them gecko fools
♥ geckos, richie/kate/seth stockholm syndrome
fuckery AMAZINGNESS in all permutations, richie/santanico
▽ THE GOOD WIFE
~ diane, kalinda (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, alicia, MELISSA
♥ alicia/will (♪ goodbye my lover), alicia&kalinda (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, cary/kalinda (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, diane&will (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, alicia/johnny, alicia/finn
~ carrie, quinn...................
▽ MASTERS OF SEX
~ virginia, lillian (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, libby, betty, FLO,
♥ bill/virginia (♥ω♥*), lillian&virginia (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, libby/robert, austin/flo tbh
▽ ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK
~ POUSSEY, tiffany, nicky (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, suzanne, SOPHIA, sister ingalls!!!, lorna, ALEX, etc. etc. etc.
♥ lorna/nicky, poussey/taystee, THE BAR
▽ ORPHAN BLACK
~ helena, alison, felix, sarah
♥ SEESTRASSSSSSSSSSS, tho mostly helena&sarah
~ kenna, mary, catherine
♥ catherine&mary, mary+ladies-in-waiting, catherine/henry (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, mary/sebastian, lola/narcisse ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º), CLAUDE/LEITH
~ karen (never 4give never 4get), lip the lemur (...), mandy, ian, mickey, fiona, veronica, debbie........
♥ karen/lip (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, ian/mickey, gallaghers, lip/mandy
(ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY FINISH WHAT THEY INNOCENTLY STARTED)
~ meg (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, ruby (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, anna (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, bela (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, abaddon (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, charlie (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
♥ ruby/sam, castiel&dean, castiel/meg (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
+ TELEVISION THAT IS NO LONGER WITH US (R.I.P. or depending on the manner of leaving R.I.H.)
▽ ANGEL: THE SERIES
~ cordy (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, faith, lilah, gunn, wesley, illyria, harmony ^_^
♥ ~*angel investigations*~, lilah/wesley, faith/wesley, illyria/wesley (♥ω♥*), angel/darla (♥ω♥*), angel/faith, angel/spike
▽ BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (the non-ancient one)
~ kara, laura, six, secret trash fave gaius
♥ apollo/starbuck (PIGEONS DROOL!!!!!), gaius/six, kara/leoben
▽ THE BORGIAS
~ caterina, lucrezia, micheletto, vannozza, giulia
♥ The Incest (♥ω♥*)
▽ BREAKING BAD
~ that hooligan jesse pinkman, skyler
♥ jesse&walt (♥ω♥*)
▽ BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
~ dawn, anya, the buffalo, willow, spike, faith, tara (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, drusilla
♥ scoobs, buffy/spike, angel(us)/buffy, buffy&faith, drusilla/spike, cordelia/xander, anya/xander
~ sierra, echo, november, ~*ADELLE*~
♥ dewitt&dominic (♥ω♥*), adelle&topher, claire/topher, alpha/everyone
▽ HIMYM aka How I Met Your Raging Nice Guy (TM) Fantasy
~ tracy (my homicidal rage will go on), robin (see previous parenthetical)
♥ barney/robin (rage makes the heart grow fonder), barney&lilly
▽ THE HOUR
~ bel, lix, marnie
♥ bel/freddie (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, lix/randall
~ alice (♥ω♥*), jenny
♥ alice/john (♥ω♥*)
▽ MAD MEN
~ peggy, betty (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ, joan, secret trash fave pete (♥ω♥*)
♥ joan&peggy, peggy/pete, joan/roger,
~ ELIZA!!!!!!!!, henry, charmonique >>>>>>, kevin
♥ eliza/henry, eliza&charmonique
~ effy, cassie, mini, michelle, katie, tony (♥ω♥*)
♥ cook/effy, cook&freddie, michelle/tony (♥ω♥*), effy/freddie, sid&tony
▽ TERMINATOR: SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES
~ cameron, sarah
▽ VERONICA MARS
~ veronica, weevil, logan
♥ logan/veronica, veronica&weevil, veronica&wallace
+ I CAN READ
▽ ASOIAF (/ignores trash tv adaptation)
~ sansa, brienne, arya, problematic fave daenerys, jaime, catelyn, lady stoneheart, cersei
♥ arya/gendry, brienne/jaime, cersei/jaime, sisterhood of the starks
▽ GOSSIP GIRL (i.e. the distinguished and life-changing YA novel series all YA novel series aspire to be /ignores trash tv adaptation)
~ BLAIR!!!!!11!!1, vanessa,
secret stoner fave nate archibald
♥ blair&serena, blair/nate 5eva
▽ HARRY POTTER
~ hermione, luna, hot!tom riddle (♥ω♥*)
♥ harry/hermione/ron br0t3, bellatrix/voldemort (♥ω♥*)
▽ THE HUNGER GAMES
~ katniss, johanna
♥ gale/katniss, katniss/peeta (/aggressively ignores epilogue), johanna&katniss
+ I DON'T GO HERE BUT LEMME TELL YOU HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT
+ KDRAMA/JDRAMA LISTAGE
- boys over flowers (jan di >>> show)
- city hunter (nana ～♡; nana/yoonsung may continue)
- coffee house (eunyoung is the bae)
- coffee prince (eunchan ～♡)
- dream high (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧ (I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS BAR esp hyemi, samdong, baekhee, pilsuk, etc....; baekhee/hyemi and hyemi/samdong 5eva!!!111!)
- flower boy next door (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧ (dokmi is the bae)
- healer (youngshin ～♡)
- heartstrings [eps 1-10 according to eleonore's instruction]
- the heirs (bona, eunsang, hyoshin, youngdo >>> show; hyoshin/rachel and eunsang/youngdo doom are my shit)
- he's beautiful (park shinhye >>> show)
- hi! school: love on (seulbi ～♡; the sungyeol/woohyun gay fauxcest will go on)
- the innocent man (jaehee is the bae, jaehee/maru >>>> t b h)
- love potential (jihyun ～♡; jihyun/evil!sungyeol tho (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧)
- my girl (yoorin ～♡)
- my girlfriend is a gumiho (MIHO!!!!!!!!!!!)
- my name is kim sam soon (samsoon ～♡)
- nobuta wo produce (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧ (nobuko ～♡, shuji is the bae; akira/nobuko/shuji br0t3, nobuko/shuji t b h)
- playful kiss (hani ～♡)
- reply, 1997 (shiwon is the bae, hoya may always continue; shiwon/joonhee/yoonjae ot3)
- school 2013 (heungsoo & namsoon's man love will go on)
- secret garden (raim ～♡, sparkly demon prince joowon is the bae tbh (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧)
- she's too lovely for me (sena, shiwoo, haeyoon >>>>>>> show; justice 4 myungsoo/krystal, haeyoon/jaeyoung = show's true otp ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧)
- shut up! flower boy band (THE SECRET FAVE KIM MYUNGSOO FEELS ARE OVERWHELMING)
- the thousandth man | (mimo is the bae; hyomin/woohyun not making out onscreen is my supervillain origin story)
- to the beautiful you (SULLI!!!!!!, minho's creyface!!!!)
- what's up (I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS BAR esp. taehee, doori, MY MAIN MAN DAESUNG, byunggun, etc etc...; jaehun/taehee make me regret ever being born)
- white christmas (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧ (I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS BAR esp yoonsu (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ) , youngjae, eunsung, mireu, chihoon, etc......; eunsung/youngjae is my shit (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧)
- you who came from another star (songyi is the bae, semi also is the bae tbqh; unrequited huikyung/semi is my shit)
- 9 end 2 outs (nanhee ～♡)
+ VERY SERIOUS FEELINGS ABOUT BOY BANDS & GIRL GROUPS
- big bang (☆ daesung)
- brown eyed girls (☆ ga in)
- f(x) (☆ krystal)
- infinite (☆ namstar, the soo child)
- kara (☆ hara)
- miss a (☆ BAE suzy)
- red velvet
- shinee (☆ jonghyun, sataemin)
- snsd (☆ yoona) [come at me]
- t-ara (☆ eunjung)
- tvxq (☆ lord voldemin)
- wonder girls
- 4minute (☆ jihyun) [come at me]
prompted: Is there a pattern to what, if anything, inspires you to seriously revise your opinion on a narrative or character?
A compelling question.[YAMMERIN"]
MANY OPINIONS ON VARIOUS WORKS LIE AHEAD. Nearly all of them are shows that are no longer with us but I've whited out all the big things anyway because I'm feeling charitable.
So, I'm hurtling this towards "how do I decide that a narrative has Gone Bad". And there are certain things at play.
✘ A narrative and I will come to irreparable odds when something that is THE WORST IN EVERY WAY is believed by the writers to be NOT the worst in every way.
- The list of reasons as to why the series finale of BSG was a joke is SO VERY GREAT, but chief among them for me is that the entire conceit of everyone ditching technology forever was profoundly stupid. And I can't in good conscience accept profound stupidity, especially when it comes out of the mouth of a character who is supposed to be intelligent. (When considering Apollo as a character I aggressively pretend the finale doesn't exist on account of that action on his part making NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.)
- The HIMYM finale also has joint status of WORST ENDING OF A SERIES KNOWN TO MAN for reasons beauteously laid out here by P. Pretty much a manifesto for why I actively root for every fictional cis het woman I care about to end up alone, i.e. victorious.
- I still can't forgive the epilogue of The Hunger Games for making Katniss have children she explicitly stated she did not want. I see a lot of arguments along the lines of "Katniss was only against having children because society was the worst --> society was no longer the worst at the end --> Katniss magically changed her mind". My friends, this does not fly. Unless a woman ACTIVELY AND EXPLICITLY WANTS TO BE A MOTHER, GET YOUR NORMATIVE PORTRAYALS OF MOTHERHOOD THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER NARRATIVE. #DEATHTOTHEREDEMPTIVEPOWEROFTHEWOMB
✘ I'm considerably less inclined to be kind to a narrative once it starts fucking over and/or fridging characters I care about:
- I will probably never forgive series six of Doctor Who for existing, because -- LOOK AWAY, ELEONORE AND MYRIAM -- the damage it did to Amy in service of the main Doctor/River plot is near indefensible. On top of that, River's backstory was pretty much exactly the opposite of what I wanted to see (for reasons better put here), ergo not only was Amy completely fucked over for the sake of River's narrative but River also was fucked over by her own narrative (AYYYYYYYYY).
- Season six of Skins was a shitsty from the moment Grace was killed off for no particular reason, and the rest of that season just followed suit.
In order for me to keep investing emotional energy then THE FAIL should at least be balanced out by redeeming qualities in the story.
- This is the distinction for me between the above examples and, say, season four of Angel, which I still somehow enjoyed despite the assassination of Cordelia. The Angel-Connor relationship was on point (I realise the resolution in Home is contentious but within the story it made 100% sense), Wesley's development was on point, Lilah/Wesley was a gift from the Gods, the Jasmine arc was gr1000000, and also there was an apocalypse and a giant Devil beast and zombies -- what more could one want from life. Not that all of this makes what was done to Cordelia more forgivable. But I wouldn't decry the whole season as BAD STORYTELLING, THE END?
- My Rage Will Go On over Tara Maclay, but I maintain that what BtVS did with most other characters in S6 (i.e. bringing them to their lowest points and, uh, making them all terrible) was on point.
But YMMV. If the way some narrative or other has treated your fave has made you so homicidal that everything else be damned I can't fault that life choice.
✘ When writers SHIP THE THING WRONG:
- As I was just discussing with local_max re: the disaster that was season six of Dexter: As a card-carrying fictional incest enthusiast it pains me to have to condemn the revelation that Deb was subconsciously in love with Dexter ~all along~ but I wasn't here for that on account of there being no groundwork for that twist for five seasons. As far as my unfailing Sexual Tension Radar was concerned the Deb-Dexter relationship was exactly what it said on the tin. (Compare to: Cesare and Lucrezia, who were framed romantically from the first five minutes of that show. WE knew there was something ABNORMAL about their relationship before they figured it out.) As such I went from being invested in Deb and Dexter's siblinghood to dreading them interacting, and for the central relationship of the show this was UNACCEPTABLE.
- Gossip Girl and I parted ways not long after Blair/Chuck was misguidedly upgraded to Epic Love status, as I have already lamented here.
As for characters... it's rare that I'll go from RIDE OR DIE to DEAD TO ME, but if/when I lose sympathy for a character wrt something or other it's usually because:
✘ X fucks up but the narrative doesn't acknowledge X has fucked up / doesn't correct X's fuck-up:
- I KNOW I CAN'T STOP SHADING the season four finale of Doctor Who, but six years later and I'm still pressed about how Rose/Ten ended. So you're tragically separated from the love of ur life forever due to circumstances outside both your control BUT THEN two seasons later the love of ur life literally breaks down the wall between universes to get back to you -- so NATURALLY you pass on actually being with her and instead dump her with a clone of yourself and then fly away in your spaceship. Those are not the actions of a man who is serious about a girl, they're the actions of player trash undeserving of the BEACON OF GREATNESS that is Rose Tyler. And whatever, the Doctor is and has always been player trash, but you can't HAVE IT BOTH WAYS AT THE SAME TIME, DAVIES.
- More reason to hate the BSG finale: Tyrol is one of the few characters ever who became instantly DEAD 2 ME when he strangulated Tory and then everyone around him said and did nothing about it. It's not even the spontaneous vengeful murder that made him DEAD 2 ME so much as the totally arbitrary lenience towards shitty behaviour, aka. "murderatin' is aight when THIS GUY does it".
- The Dexter finale, a.k.a that time Dexter up and abandoned his kid and murderess gf to commit fake suicide and then become a lumberjack. Amazing.
✘ When X's existence ultimately plays into a noxious cultural narrative that the work supports because the writers are fuckboys:
- I didn't always hate Ted Mosby's guts and if the last ten minutes of the HIMYM finale didn't exist I'd applaud his character arc. As it is, his remains the Nice Guy (TM) Fantasy Narrative to rule them all.
- I'm struggling to think of an example that rivals that one tbh. I mean, it's not often that an entire narrative will appear to be about deconstructing something only to yell PSYCH!!!! in the last ten minutes.
So yeah, the above is not a COMPLETE list of narrative decisions that appeal to my shade (which, as perhaps noted over this last month, never ends), but enough of it for now. HAVE I YAMMERED ENOUGH FOR YOU, P?
+ For one of the other Alexes on my flist, belated observations on non-Western fandom stuffs:[female friendship in reply 1997]This will be shamefully brief and undetailed since I marathoned that show last year and it all morphs into one big spiritual blob of TEARS OF BLACK MASCARA.
So, the most beautiful thing about Reply 1997 was its celebration of fangirlism, right? In that vein it was beautiful 2 me how much time Shiwon and Yoojung spent ogling idols together, and lining up for concerts, and occasionally getting into tiffs over biases. THAT WAS EXACTLY THE BASIS OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS IN HIGH SCHOOL (only with Western rock bands). I can safely say the most religious experiences of my short life have encompassed losing my shit with the rl bff at some band's gig or other, a la Shiwon at H.O.T. So, yeah, as far as I'm concerned Reply got it bang on wrt teen girl gangs.
There's just... nothing like fandom, is there? It's really hard to put into words what a Bonding Experience it is to, like, share the same favourite band with another person. I guess it's not too dissimilar to being a fan of the same show, but it still feels like a whole different beast, because music is a whole different beast. And it's not just irl -- I feel like my fandom experience here Ascended to The Next Level once Eleonore pushed me into the abyss of kpop fandom. And this paragraph is getting dangerously close to displaying emotions, so suffice it to say: being a fangirl is the best thing I've ever done, being a fangirl with other fangirls is the gift that keeps on giving, and Reply 1997 Got It.
[kpop fandom in australia]
I suppose the media nexus of kpop fandom on this continent is this Asian music program on SBS. I have my beefs with that show from time to time, such as when it did a whole segment on the ubiquity of synchronised choreography in kpop that did not mention Infinite whatsoever (you can't just be like "SYNCHRONISED DANCING" and then forget that Infinite exists UNLESS YOU HAVE A BRICK FOR BRAINS). Still, I'm mostly glad it exists because it means I can have music brought to me rather than having to actively look for it all the time. Also, there's this thing where you can send in messages that are then displayed at the bottom of the screen while music videos are playing, e.g. "LUHAN OPPA SARANGHAE", and since idk TONS of people irl who buy Exo underwear, this is usually the extent of my real time interaction with Kpop Fandom.
That said, I DO know plenty of fellow Asian people who, as you might expect, also listen to Asian music and watch Asian shows! We don't, like, get together every week to sit around and gossip about dating scandals, though, regrettably. But when I get into convos about music or dramas it's usually a good time, and bitter arguments have been generally avoided. Except that a while ago I made the mistake of telling a family friend that I dig Taeyang's "Eyes, Nose, Lips" song but don't actually care for his singing in it, and then she unfairly accused me of only liking the song for his abominal muscle flaunting in the MV. I didn't know how to tell her that I don't find Taeyang an unattractive male entity but that I usually prefer to fantasise about dudes with a more equal ratio of abs::vocal skill. BUT THAT'S JUST ME.
On a final note, I remain pressed that big acts never come to the hole that is Adelaide -- and I don't have time/cash to just drop by Sydney or Melbourne willy-nilly. B1A4 was nearby a few months back but I was at the finish line of a thesis then and had to pass. Travesty. (Is this among the top five on my list of reasons I can't wait to get the hell out of here? YOU BET. I HAVE MY PRIORITIES IN ORDER.) Then you have, I don't know, Infinite's tour management or whoever the fuck apparently forgot that Australia exists AT ALL, despite them being certifiable rockstars and the fact that if they have a ticket-buying fanbase in the likes of Paris then they certainly have one here BUT W/E IDC.
In conclusion, have this photoset of Sulli and Krystal lookin' fly.
prompted: Kate/Seth/Richie and why this worked for you
I'm using this opportunity to revive THE WRONG!SHIP MEME OF COLD SWEATS AND TERROR. Yet again I have no idea which day to put this entry, but with no further ado:
23 | a
couple trio you ship for the wrong reasons that fits too many of these criteria
I mean, obviously the answer to this question is that it works for me because it's HORRIBLE IN EVERY WAY. If it isn't common knowledge that I LIVE FOR THAT STOCKHOLM SYNDROME SHIT (already going to hell, nothing to see here, etc.) then let it be so now. So yeah, when the Geckos held Kate's family hostage I was like "lol, prob gonna ship it" and then lo and behold.[chivalry"s dead now;]
Oh yeah, what other kinds of things do you pick up on? Underage girls?
That would be despicable.
*derp graphic prob to be re-edited when i cbf
I ship every leg in this trash OT3. Let me count the ways.
- Richie/Seth speaks for itself. It's become mainstream in this day and age to ship the two outlaw brothers together BUT WHAT CAN I SAY, I'M A MAINSTREAM BITCH. The lengths to which Seth and Richie have gone ~for~ each other are respectable indeed. Seth has put Richie first to the detriment of his every relationship, turned the other cheek as Richie crosses lines that (supposedly) disgust him. He doesn't know anything else; his whole world is consumed by this "debt" he owes Richie for saving his life when they were children. Meanwhile, Richie KILLED THEIR ABUSIVE DAD 4 SETH! THAT'S LOVE, BITCH. (Well, that, and Richie just wants to watch the world burn.) Of course Seth would consider that revelation a betrayal, in part because it means the narrative of his life has been a lie the whole time. But the truth frees them to turn a corner in their codependence and, by the end of the season, Richie rides away with Santanico, and Seth with Kate, away from each other. WILL THEY BE REUNITED ONCE MORE? Probably.
- Kate/Richie was initially squick to me thanks to that pool sequence (also nhf the weird hypersexualisation of Kate) and because frankly Richie pings me on the threat level way more than Seth ever has, which I'd say is fair considering his record of murderating people (inc. women) in both alarming and hilariously blase ways. NONETHELESS, it just goes to show that I can't have Moral Objections to ships for too long before the despicable factor starts appealing to me, which is to say that re: Kate/Richie I went from SHUDDER to YEAHHHHHHHHHH in a remarkably short amount of time! The YEAH part is largely due to the way Kate employs dat soft power after the Geckos take the Fullers hostage: she's playing on that observation of Richie's spontaneous attraction to her in an effort to throw him off -- and by the time they reach the bar, she's enjoying it too.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST: The beauty of From Dusk Till Dawn is that it's so balls-out insane that Kate riding off with Seth
into the sunset at the end of the season is one of the less eyebrow-raising events in the show. And it is absolutely testament to my inability to give a fuck that I found this ending rather hopeful and even romantic (#a moment of silence for my psychological health). NO BUT LISTEN. Is there any trope more bulletproof than people unexpectedly banding together because of mutual abandonment? Kate's trauma is obvious: she's just lost all the family she had left, almost all at once -- first the senseless loss of her mother, followed by her brother being turned into a monster, following by her having to stake her own goddamn father. Meanwhile, Seth's built his entire life around his brother, believing they would always be Us VS. The World, only to have him apparently pick someone else. (THEM KATE|SCOTT + RICHIE|SETH PARALLELS.) They're the leftovers: the preacher's daughter whose faith has been obliterated, and the professional thief who doesn't believe in anything. It actually makes sense that after everything they'd choose to stick together, because the rest of the world no longer makes sense to either of them.
✿♥‿♥✿ ✿♥‿♥✿ ✿♥‿♥✿ ✿♥‿♥✿ ✿♥‿♥✿
- Tags:approved by satan, i stan therefore i am, meme: wrong!shipping awareness, morally dubious princesses: yay, my love is an ugly love, no apologia will be found on this blog, obligatory psychotic jackasses: yay, photoshop how does it work, relationship-dysfunctionitis: yay, word-vomit, ■ from dusk till dawn
- Location:the oncoming storm
- Music:bad day (iu)
requested: TOP 5 RAGE/LOL/WTF STORYLINES
Before we continue I want to say that when I posted this meme I wasn't ASKING for people to prompt nothing but salt, but that is how life has turned out, so.WARNING: SPOILERS ABOUND BELOW
for S4 of Angel/BSG/Doctor Who
(what is it with TV shows and the season four), the last Potter movie, and the most recent episode of Reign
In no particular order because I refuse to measure the degree of my confusion:
TOP FIVE "LOL/WTF IS THIS I DON'T EVEN" MOMENTS IN FICTION!!!!!!!
"WHY" #1: the last 5 minutes of Angel 4.15 Orpheus
On my list of Characters Horrendously Fucked Over By the Writers, Cordelia Chase would make top five for sure. Mystical pregnancies are, as you can probably guess, MY FAVE PLOT DEVICE EVER, and the degree of damage it did to Cordy's character made Darla's Redemptive Motherly Sacrifice arc look forward-thinking and enlightened. At least Darla was a conscious and freely acting agent throughout! Cordy's return in season five's You're Welcome was a blessing, but redeem her torpedoed narrative it did not.
((((... Despite that I still maintain the Jasmine arc is one of the most compelling things to come out of that show. See, this is my problem with Angel: one totally enraging narrative decision is followed by INEXPLICABLE GENIUS (see also: season five).))))
"WHY" #2: Battlestar Galactica 4.22 Daybreak (parts 2 & 3) -- the whole thing, the entirety, ALL OF IT
I defer to P's WHAT THE FUCK?: post on the finale. The extensive WHAT THE FUCK? list at the end is particularly on point. WHAT THE FUCK all around!!!!!!
NO FURTHER COMMENT.
"WHY" #3: the last 10 minutes of Doctor Who 4.13 Journey's End
lol, I've already shaded this IN GREAT DEPTH so I won't belabour the point. Just consider this your friendly reminder that the Doctor is the kind of commitment-evading ho who sets up his One Special Girl with clones of himself. #never 4get
(WILL I STILL BE LAUGHING ABOUT THIS TEN MILLION YEARS FROM NOW? PROBABLY.)
Honourable mention to the bewildering and incomprehensible trainwreck that was the entirety of series six. I'd elaborate but Eleonore and Myriam are none the wiser so let that be a pressed rant for a stronger soul than I.
"WHY" #4: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, part II -- WHATEVER THIS WAS
(Warning that the following edited clip is EXTREMELY WRONG!)
There are no words.
As far as I'm concerned Part I was a tough act to follow but by God, this scene was doing the most!
"WHY" #5: the last 5 minutes of Reign 2.10 Mercy
I was spoiled that Henry would be coming back from the dead and yet, I WAS STILL SHOCKED TO THE BONE! This is some Katherine Heigl/dead husband bullshit, man! (And I didn't even go there!) Of course, Reign's crazy always winds up making sense sooner or later (e.g. THE GHOST OF HENRY POSSESSING A MAID turning out to be Narcisse trolling Francis LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER TROLLED BEFORE, God bless Cissy), so I have high hopes for this storyline. And we know how I feel about Catherine/Henry. #and you cry and your tears are the blood of the innocents
Any amazing lol moments I missed? BY ALL MEANS SHARE WITH THE CLASS.
- Tags:bitch bitch bitch, meme: ramble ramble, mood: what the fuck is this i don't even, my shade will go on, random fandomness, television is satan's gift to mankind, ■ angel: the series, ■ battlestar galactica, ■ doctor who, ■ reign, ✦ harry potter
- Location:question mark
- Music:HUH (4 minute)
The following is for Myriam who wanted me to post various useless pictures for her entertainment.
[obviously these questions are, like, the keys to my soul so appreciate]1)
- my aquarium
- the motorcycle you would own once you can drive
- place in the world you would like to go to just to admire the landscape
- animal you find the most majestic
There, are you happy.
That's the way we roll around these parts.
3) New Zealand, yo. There's no excuse for my having not been there since it's right next door, too.
(I'M COMING FOR YOU, catteo. WAIT FOR ME.)
4) Top 3:
Yeah, so two of these """""aren't real"""" and one is extinct, life is shit, no one cares, etc.
Also, cats, duh, but I already did a post of about 20422 photos on that topic, so.
+ your non-visual prompt: Kalinda Sharma and your thoughts on how she is portrayed in The Good Wife.
A can of worms you're opening there, my good friend.[since i"ve graduated all i do now is shade television, what a blessing]
Lemme preface this with establishing that I love everything Kalinda herself chooses to be. Patronus, life goals, etc. etc.
My feels for the writing for Kalinda are rather not good.
Things started off promising, but it's become increasingly apparent as the show's gone on that the writers just do not know what to do with Kalinda. It was all good until the return of abusive husband Nick, a story which was compelling in theory but alas, it appeared the writers bit off more than they could chew. I wouldn't say it was a mistake to pursue the storyline in itself. (No doubt it pissed off many a viewer that such a STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN would harbour a past of victimhood, but we've established that cis white middle-class feminists are mostly trash.) As far as I'm concerned that backstory is consistent with Kalinda's characterisation. Too bad about the execution (= weird sensationalising of a real world abusive dynamic)!
And then we have Kalinda/sexuality itself. Firstly, a bisexual woman of colour on primetime television = yay. OTOH, the typical over-sexualisation of South Asian women = hmmmm. Compare to Alicia and Diane, who are both portrayed as sexual beings but not defined by their sexuality. Kalinda is the femme fatale who uses sex as a means to an end, and I'm about that, but there's been an Ethnic Sex Kitten vibe around her character from the beginning.
Granted, this doesn't bug me nearly as much as it bugs that I am incapable of giving a fuck about a single one of Kalinda's romantic/sexual relationships with other women. It would seem the show also doesn't particularly give a fuck since whatsername/whatsername #2/whatsername #25 are all barely fleshed out recurring minor players. I understand that Kalinda has complicated and changeable feels about all her girlfriends. I wish I cared. I don't. (And it pains me somewhat to say that I care considerably more about Cary/Kalinda, i.e. the het ship that the writers have developed consistently from the start. Also, Cary's a regular, we care about him.) Now, if they went for Kalinda/other regular female character i.e. Alicia, that would be a different matter.
WHICH BRINGS ME TO: Alicia and Kalinda being forbidden from sharing a screen for the las 92742 years. Apparently, Julianne Margulies is to blame for this, since she was of the mind that women don't continue being close friends with other women who have slept with their husbands, which..........
(Am I gonna do this in every post? PROBABLY.)
Alicia and Kalinda's friendship used to be one of the most interesting things on TGW, and was an all-around positive Bechdel phenomenon. And then it was torpedoed because of FUCKING! PETER!!!! FLORRICK!!!!!!!!!!!
... So yeah, those are a few of my beefs with the writing for Kalinda Sharma.
It's especially disappointing since The Good Wife is one of the more progressive shows on air and yet it's descended into the same disregard for women of colour as every other loaf of whitebread on television. (I'm gung ho and all about all the people of colour on the Florrick & Agos team, but why should I throw a party if they hardly ever appear on screen?) Y'all know I'm an Alicia stan, her character journey has been a triumph in every way -- but I can't identify with it. I can identify with Kalinda. So the lack of effort put into Kalinda's development in comparison is... well, business as usual, isn't it. You either hate us or don't care; nothing to see here.
IDK if there'll be a seventh season, but with Archie Panjabi leaving after this one my motivation to watch would be supremely diminished. If they kill her off I might really have to flounce. Prayer circle.
On the bright side, here for an Archie-headlining new show. MY ENTIRE LIFE I'VE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT~~~~~
To conclude, have this picture of Archie looking fly while Cary/Matt admire in the distance:
In less homicidal news, Jessica prompted: rambles about the creative writing process
I just survived a post-grad degree in creative writing, which means I've come out of a year of being forced to write creatively to deadlines. You'd think this means I'd have some Wise Words to offer, BUT NO.[idk]So how do I conquer writers' block and get shit done?
... A COMPELLING QUESTION. WE MAY NEVER KNOW.
But here's an ill-defined list of coping methods I employ with big projects:
- Make shit up as I go along!!! Too much planning can be disadvantageous to inspiration tbh. And on some level, if the story can't "write itself" then maybe it doesn't deserve to be written?? (Don't quote me.)
- Allow fellow writers to peck your work to death. Obviously. I wouldn't be alive today if not for my seminar group. I was thinking of doing the filtered beta group here on LJ? But here's the thing: the truth is that I am so image-obsessed when it comes to blogging that sharing such personal things as original writing is just ????????. (This would also be why I don't make "personal" posts. lol, what is a personal life, we may never know.) Being put in a group with other writing students and then forced to have your work torn apart was so necessary -- there was no room for ego. Although it's tempting, NEVER BE SATISFIED WITH ALL-POSITIVE FEEDBACK. Constructive criticism = a path. So yeah, if you're not getting enough from your current audience then actively seek out someone who will torture you.
- Think of the audience. Writing "for myself" doesn't work. It's not enough. This probably comes down to the kind of writer or artist you are and why you're doing this. Me, I'm in it
for the fame to entertain. If I'm writing for someone else then it's like I'm riding this tidal wave to shore. I'm not saying I don't put myself into my work (lol, narcissism blog -- do you go here or) but that doesn't make it go all the way. So yeah, if I'm stuck on some writing choice or other, then I'll defer to the closest person who cares -- not just in the "gimme advice" sense but "what would you want to see happen in this story?"
- Get the right words down in the right order. Yeah, I don't do that thing where I write scenes for the sake of writing them, i.e. to get closer to the end? Every section of writing must be an event. If my own prose isn't inspiring me, then what's the point?
- Write out of order. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I WILL NEVER BE A BIG NAME MULTI-CHAPTER FANFICTION QUEEN. I just don't think linearly. I write whatever part of the story I feel like at any given time and then go back and fix continuity later.
- Think in emotions. Like I said making shit up along the way is how I roll, but that's generally regarding PLOT. (lol, what is a plot, we may never know, etc. etc.) But I always know what the emotional beats are going to be. And if I'm blocked then it's usually because whatever bit I'm writing isn't arousing the right degree of FEELS. MAKE IT SO THAT THERE ARE FEELS.
- DIALOGUE IS LIFE. The one area safe from blockage for me (mainly due to the screenwriting classes). Usually I'll picture various attractive actors delivering my lines -- that's pretty helpful, too.
SO. WHO KNOWS IF THE ABOVE MAKES ANY SENSE OR HAS A USE. In any case I hope you have enjoyed this peek into my haphazard and inexplicable brane.
- Tags:all the fictional women you hate, bitch bitch bitch, english major wankery, fucking writing how does it work, meme: ramble ramble, mood: random, my shade will go on, slytherin whore cred, the author is no longer with us, word-vomit, ■ the good wife
- Location:high and low
- Music:hate you (ladies code)
is a foe who demanded for Xmas my Top Five Female Characters of All Time. My immediate and natural response to this was
But. What must be done must be done.
For sanity's sake I've hurtled this towards formative influences rather than a definitive/objective top five from EVERYTHING EVER, which would take me well over a few days to narrow down.
And since I'm technically a year late this has become A Post, so best to open in another tab.
Also, this is in alphabetical order because I refuse to order. #what are you gonna do about it( :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|Collapse )
- Tags:all the fictional women you hate, i stan therefore i am, meme: ramble ramble, morally dubious princesses: yay, photoshop how does it work, random fandomness, word-vomit, ⏏ gossip girl, ■ buffy the vampire slayer, ✦ breakfast at tiffany's, ✦ harry potter, ❖ maleficent, ❖ sleeping beauty
- Location:the hour hand
- Music:timing (brown eyed girls)
A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME FOR AN IMPORTANT POLL
What does the abbreviation "smh" mean to you?
"shaking my head"
neither (pls specify in comments)
what kind of an update is this
Discuss.P.S. Actual post happening some time in the magical future.
... so, in case it wasn't already evident, the december ramble meme is on hold b/c real life got real
. hoping to fill the rest of the prompts over the next month. in any case, they will be done.
WAS planning to get some more done before the end of the month but then made the mistake of watching the doctor who xmas special. and then... rewatching the rerun the following night. i do these things to myself. nonsensical episode, only relevant part was the last five minutes. i will be ready to talk about it when i'm dead. don't even breathe in my direction, i will literally cut you and use your blood for bathwater.
... i did, however, finally manage to mainline please remember princess
and liveblog it as requested by jessica.[the journey of my feels is p hilarious tbh.]
let's do this
ok so 5s into ep 1 and i'm side-eying??? "i met my ideal type"? "while he never once dated gieok hoped for his 'princess' to appear and 10 years later finally he met her". um?
"from middle to high school got rejected by 15 different girls" lol this is not a good start.
"i believed there must exist somewhere a girl with innocence". this monologue plays over ki eok literally cutting out body parts to create an "ideal girl". W T F.
gieok's father telling him to masturbate WHILE THE NUTCRACKER THEME PLAYS. I'M CHOKING.
so jihyun is gorgeous, obviously. which reminds me eleonore told me she's 4minute's LEADER even though she gets 5s of screen time in every mv, wtf. so, lookin' forward to seeing what she can do. NOT looking forward to anti-shipping her and sungyeol's character-- gieok imagining his cut-out "ideal type" over her and then calling her "princess" is possibly the worst start to a main ship you could give me. PRAYER CIRCLE THIS SHOW IS REALLY ABOUT DECONSTRUCTING THIS EXACT TROPE.
fuck sungyeol's woobie face.
O M G DID SOMEONE JUST SAY "FUCKERS" IN A KDRAMA? I'M SCANDALISED.
CRAYON POP REFERENCE!
btw i like that sungyeol is so convincing at playing a nerd b/c it ~confirms~ my highschool/college!infinite headcanon that he and myungsoo were total l0sers at least until sungyeol grew up hot and then cheated on myungsoo with the plastics a.k.a. the 91-line. BUT THIS IS A STORY FOR ANOTHER TIME.
ok good minah gets her own pov time. this is promising.
so i like that minah is mostly initiating things w/gieok but still wary about this whole trope of "nerd who's never known love finally gets appreciated by hot girl"? we'll see.
lol i bet sungyeol had fun filming that bus scene. i mean, what.
L O L MINAH'S GAY HEADCANONS. FAVE TBH.
i ship these two dudes tbh (sorry idr anyone's names).
oh em gee minah is such a dork ilh. they could have made that dance studio scene ~sexy but nope.
fml teacher!sungyeol. hold my sexual frustration.
tbh idr what happened in the rest of the ep after that.
oh no wait ramyun. ofc there must be ramyun.
ok i like this inadvertently getting drunk together thing. IF I IGNORE THE GROSSNESS OF ALL OF EP 1 AND THE SETUP OF GIEOK'S CHARACTER THEN I CAN LIKE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS FRIENDSHIP/RELATIONSHIP.
w t f @ this angel/devil scene where gieok tries to decide whether or not to feel up mi nah w/o her consent? THIS IS SO MOTHERFUCKING SQUICK-TASTIC?? i mean, on the one hand, props to the show for actually saying it'd be sexual violence BUT OTOH EW.
k gieok's father's homophobia when mi nah lies about him being gay is not amusing.
"which part of you looks gay? you look so manly and strong." no.
ok now they're doing a school play together and gieok is being told he should try out for female roles as well as male ones and looks vv displeased about it and i lol @ all the sungyeol overlap.
awww, gieok making a bunch of real props for the play.
OMFG I SHIP THESE TWO DUDES SO MUCH.
can we not with this action teacher's male-gaze pan up drama teacher lady's body.
"it's because my heart hurts too much" you loser.
yesssssssss minah being the boss of gieok and calling him pabo 10 million times VV GOOD.
lol no show don't make me feel bad for gieok b/c minah didn't want to kiss him.
sungyeol's woobie face is truly terrible tho.
i wonder if gieok is gonna have the male equivalent of the ugly duckling transformation where he gets hot and then minah will finally want to kiss him. BOOKMARK THIS QUOTE.
i love this unimpressed drama teacher ngl. what a boss.
ugh can we not with this bikini runway male fantasy.
SUNGYEOL IN PINK TOWEL.
"i like rides that aren't fun too!!!" WHAT. A. LOSER.
but yes good ferris wheels are my shit continue.
ok this ferris wheel confession is sweet save for the "no other girl was worth paying attention to until you" part. APART FROM THAT.
SHE'S REJECTED HIS PROPOSAL. ANGST. \o/ \o/ \o/
bless drama teacher lady's constant cussing.
"gieok's acting has really improved!" how meta. seriously though, sungyeol is great in this -- i hope his next project is just better/less frustrating (and longer).
el oh el this entire sequence where gieok's friend does elaborate calculations to figure out who minah's crush is.
lol i'm glad people in the show actually recognise that gieok/sungyeol is handsome -- if he was supposed to be some fugly twerp that'd be motherfucking stupid.
and the ol' yeollie scream makes an appearance.
O M F G whatsisface throwing other whatsisface (sorry idr anyone's names apart from sungyeol and jihyun's characters) into the ocean O T FUCKING P !!!!!!!!!!!!
the yeol is wet. and once again i forget what happened in the rest of the ep.
i hope gieok comes out of this drama with a firmer sense of self -- "if princess minah likes something i'll like it just as much because she does" is a delightfully pathetic sentiment but also no.
why is sassy drama teacher lady so invested in gieok/minah though.
… so, i've never actually had a legit hangover (b/c i get sick of alcohol before i can drink TOO MUCH). do people w/hangovers actually dry retch everywhere or what.
obligatory couple montage time.
DRAMATIC RUNNING SEQUENCE.
so minah has called gieok over and caused him to run like 10 blocks just b/c she wants to get drunk AND THEN SHE DRUNKENLY PINCHES HIS CHEEKS AND CRIES ABOUT HOW CUTE HE IS AND BURSTS INTO TEARS AND OH NO YOU DON'T SHOW DON'T MAKE WANT TO SHIP IT. AND JIHYUN IS THE MOST ADORABLE, WHY HAVE I NEVER PAID ATTENTION TO HER BEFORE???
lol this men's room scene where gieok's cronies confront the dude on the toilet wtf
O M G MINAH WITNESSING THE GAY SMOOCHIES
gieok being broody bedridden minah's slave while she pays no attention to him, now this is the kind of dynamic i can be on board with, trololol.
why is sungyeol's whiny begging so mothereffing qt
MINAH SCREAMING AT GIEOK AND TELLING HIM NOT TO COME OVER AGAIN. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOW, GIRL-TREATING-BOY-BADLY IS MY DOWNFALL. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
btw jihyun is great??? does anyone who's better versed about 4minute things know what other things she's been in?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIEOK DOING STUPID AEGYO TO MAKE MI NAH LAUGH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. (also that was 150% sungyeol there tbh.)
drama teacher lady is such a disdainful bitch, god bless.
NOW THEY ARE STUCK IN THE RAIN TOGETHER AND THIS IS SO CLICHE BUT I AM EATING THIS SHIT UP. WHEN DID LIFE GO SO HORRIBLY WRONG.
"you were weird before but now you're not weird" is the title of this ep hmmmmmmmmm
MORE WET YEOL. WHY.
ok look i am all over girl-takes-guy-friend-for-granted-to-disguise-nascent-feelings b/c i'm trash but there is really no need for minah to feel guilty about rejecting gieok? that was totally her right.
ugh but now they are talking through the wall via paper cups NOOOOOOOOOOOO :( :( :(
WHAT IS THIS QT UPBEAT CATCHY SONG PLAYING OVER THE SEQUENCE OF THE DRAMA CLUB BUILDING SETS?? IT IS A JAM TBH.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT IS DESTINY!SUNGYEOL ON THE POSTER. A+++++++++++++++. THAT IS SOME MOVIE POSTER BULLSHIT RIGHT THERE.
I KNEW IT. HE'S UNCURLED HIS HAIR FOR OPENING NIGHT. THE UGLY DUCKLING HAS BECOME A HOT PIECE. I KNOW HOW THESE THINGS WORK. (to be serious though this unruly curls = ugly duckling trope needs to stop.)
oh yay i like that we get to see the actual play!
SUNGYEOL THE LOAN SHARK!!!!!11111 THE HAIR GAME IS SO ON POINT.
SUNGYEOL GETS TO CUSS. OH EM EFF GEE.
gangsta sungyeol is so inappropriately motherfucking attractive i want to rip open my couch and eat it. (that said i don't find him to be threatening vibe at all.)
btw jihyun and this other dude she's married to in the play are good job.
murder by knife is always a good way to end things.
noooooooooo now the wife has to save the husband!! this story within a story is so compelling, lmao.
OHO NOW THE WIFE IS DEALING W/LOAN SHARK SUNGYEOL TO SAVE HUSBAND. SUNGYEOL IS DISTURBINGLY ATTRACTIVE WHILE PRETENDING TO BE A DISGUSTING HUMAN BEING. I QUESTION MY TASTE FOREVER.
… why do i want fill-in-the-blanks fic of wife/gangster sungyeol during the time she was enslaved to him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. WE MAY NEVER KNOW.
this whole story-within-a-story thing is interesting. i wonder there's something there about gieok fashioning fantasies for himself and then getting so lost in them that he hurts himself. I AM PROBABLY OVERTHINKING THIS.
lol now sunglasses dude w/his terrible acting has to fill in. NO WAIT GIEOK IS BACK.
FUCK. WHY. AM. I. WRONG!SHIPPING. THE. WIFE. AND. GANGSTER. SUNGYEOL. WHY IS THIS MY LIFE.
oho now the drama has morphed back into gieok/minah HOW META. but lol why is the audience cheering for the abused woman to get with the gangster who has literally treated her like property for two years. wtf. (WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT MY WRONG!SHIPPING.)
more couple montage.
AND KISSING. LEGIT KISSING.
you know, all this kissing now makes me bitter about myungsoo and woohyun apparently being forbidden from making out with their love interests in their previous dramas (fine, woohyun is more pressing to me b/c out of the two of them he actually has chemistry with women, TROLOLOLOL sorry soo). i wonder if sungyeol has more freedom here b/c he wasn't specifically asked to appear for idol fame reasons and therefore possessive angry fangirls was less of a concern? THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS HOT PEOPLE KISSING IS GOOD.
so this has been a vv weird journey with this show where i hated it and then by the end i loved it.
mostly, i wish we could excise all that "ideal type" nonsense from the first few episodes. if i ignore all that then the gieok/minah relationship arc is ~everything i wanted~. him falling in ~love at first sight~ and projecting all his problematic romantic fantasies on to her (which was evident enough without the show spelling it out), followed by her rejecting him and totally blowing apart said fantasies -- and then him learning how to be her friend and see her as a person rather than a romantic object. and then she realises her feelings for him because they've actually grown close and she can rely on him.
OKAY, THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL STORY ARC IN ITSELF TBH.
all the "poor nerd rejected by 15 girls" setup was just unnecessarily manpain-y and now i am sadly wondering if the moral of the story was supposed to be "poor rejected nerd finally finds ideal woman who appreciates him where those other bitches failed." which. NOCURR, I REJECT THIS PREMISE, MINE IS BETTER.
moving on. so, sungyeol and jihyun were both GREAT. although sungyeol was a lot more convincing to me as gieok than the loan shark, which i guess is b/c gieok was the one acting as the loan shark. that, or sungyeol's strength as an actor lies in loser nerd roles. (on that note he was good in "while you were sleeping", too, at least the cuts i saw.)
anyway. chemistry: they had it
especially during the wife/loan shark scenes b/c i'm trash.
and i've now become somewhat a jihyun stan. girl is fab, where has she been all my life.
WHAT DID Y'ALL (i.e. the other five people on my flist) THINK? :D
p.s. SHINFINITE COLLAB ON SBS GAYO DAEJUN TONIGHT, MY BODY IS NOT READY.
hope everyone's xmas/last week was acceptable.