Note: Apologies to earnmysong for not being able to fill your first prompt -- I started writing and basically just got "TAYLOR TOWNSEND IS THE BEST THE END" and then my memory collapsed. /o\ Feel free to reprimand/spam with nostalgic things.
In no particular order and totally not exhaustive:
- The Anne of Green Gables movies. CHILDHOOD. With the exception of the third film, which we do not talk about. To be discussed further on another day.
- The Harry Potter movies. Gotta be on the list. I have watched virtually all of them 500 million times.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Last movie series, I promise. Again, childhood. Orlando Bloom's luxurious locks. EOWYN OF ROHAN.
- 10 Things I Hate About You. [smashes into your house at 3 in the morning screaming] KAT STRATFORD EXISTS.
- Bonnie & Clyde. I'm convinced this story is responsible for 95% of my horrific choices in faves to this day. Amen.
- Interview with the Vampire. Look, I grew up on the Vampire Chronicles because such was my disturbed childhood, ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE'S FORMATIVE INFLUENCES. And I still maintain this movie is the gold standard for "sympathetic blood-sucking protagonists". Vampire movies just aren't what they used to be. /grumble grumble
- Peter Pan. Fine, this is basically a list of "formative shit that fucked me up for life", SAY WHAT YOU WILL. And Peter/Wendy is the doomed ship to rule them all, don't look at me.
- Chicago. HE HAD IT COMING. Fave musical or fave musical? Fave musical. And beacon of aspirational misandry. #formative
- Legally Blonde. Actually the most empowering movie ever tbh.
- Mulan. No other Disney compares.
- Anastasia. IN THE END I WANNA BE STANDING AT THE BEGINNING WITH YOUUUUU. No further commentary necessary.
- The Silence of the Lambs. (lol @ my jump in genre) Well, because this list needs more serial killers
having inappropriate sexual tension with protagonists.
- American Beauty. When I think back on this movie I actually find it terribly pretentious, but tbh that still doesn't erase the huge impact it had on me as a teenager.
- Black Swan. My fave headfuck in recent times. And I know the feminist commentary didn't work for anyone but it really struck a chord with me. Plus, dancing porn. I think it'll last the test of time (for me).
- Easy A. Okay, I only saw this recently, but it is literally everything I've ever wanted from a teen movie (that isn't 10 Things). The ultimate anti-slut shaming shutdown. Emma Stone is the perfect woman.
Now you tell me yours.